Follow Me on Twitter

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Scary Bigfoot Story

C & P Treasures


Since Halloween is approaching, I am going to tell the most terrifying experience of my life. I have been scared many times in my life, but this particular experience put all of the others into the shadow.

I live in a rural area and sightings of unusual creatures have happened quite frequently. Now I am not talking about the local eccentric people, but reputable and sane people. My own Granddad and a friend saw a Bigfoot like creature along the riverbank one day. He used to tell that story and we would laugh. We were a little skeptical to say the least.

Well years later my sister and I shared a house on the family farm. We both worked in town but enjoyed living on the family place. It was just home so not scary or anything. Sometimes it was a little creepy when a storm came up and we had to go outside to the cellar. Otherwise it was usually uneventful.

Until the night it happened. It was about 4 0'clock in the morning. We were both asleep. I awoke to the loudest screaming noise I have ever heard. I was instantly awake. I immediatley went to see if my sister was awake and found her as myself wide awake.

At first we thought it was some maniac in the trees around the house. But the sound was so loud a human voice could not possible make this sound. It was nowhere and everywhere. It was constant.

We finally worked up the courage to creep into the hallway to peer out the window in the back door. We had two dogs in the house and three outside dogs. The outside dogs who barked at everything were lying on the porch not making a sound. The inside dogs were glued to our legs terrified.

I peered out the window. The yard light was on but I could see nothing. The noise continued, an ear splitting scream. It seemed to be moving just outside the light from west to east. It seemed as if I would go mad if this noise did not stop. And then it did. It stopped as suddenly as it had started. Then just silence.

We were terrified. We just huddled in the hall, afraid to move for at least an hour. We were filled with dread that it would start again. Would it come closer or try to get into the house? We didn't know what to think.

Finally it began to get light. We peered outside the window into the grey morning light but saw nothing. Finally, we could begin to believe it was gone. We waited until about 8 a.m. before calling our parents. We told our Dad about the experience. He said it was probably a badger. There is no way a badger could make that noise. One of our dogs loved to fight badgers, yet he did not move from the porch. It was NOT a badger.

Anyway Daddy came out and brought a shotgun. It made us feel a little safer, but not much. A few months later we moved to town. We never felt safe on the family farm after that night.

Now, I don't know what Bigfoot is supposed to sound like, but I believe I have heard him. I don't have any other explanation. We didn't tell anyone this story for years for fear of being ridiculed. But it is true and it happened to me. I don't know for sure what it was, but I do know I am glad I did not see it and I never want to hear it again.

That is my scariest experience ever. Anyone want to share their own feel free.

C & P Treasures has some great Halloween costumes and decorations. Check us out.


Adult Jack Sparrow Costume

Girls Sequin Mermaid Costume

Teen Supergirl Costume

Star Wars Clone Trooper Costume

Toy Story Jessie Costume and Wig

Tinker Bell Fairies Costume

No comments: