Follow Me on Twitter

Monday, August 25, 2008

You Can Never Start Christmas Shopping Too Early

This year Christmas is on Thursday. There are 120 shopping days left until Christmas. I beleive in early Christmas Shopping to avoid the crowds. I have things I have bought during the year stuffed everywhere. I hide them in closets and chests and sometimes in the garage, depending on how big the gift.

The down side to this is I have found things hidden away I had completely forgotten. I might come across them the next July and think "Oh I forgot I had that!" But then I am just a little ahead for that year I guess.

Christmas wreaths placed on a door symbolize welcome and long life to all who enter.

Alabama was the first state in the U.S. to declare Christmas a legal holiday in
1836. Oklahoma was the last state to declare Christmas a legal holiday in 1907.

The first printed reference to Christmas trees appeared in Germany in 1531.

The first Christmas card was printed in 1843 in England for Sir Henry Cole.

Franklin Pierce was the first president to decorate the White House tree.

Rudolph was created in the 1930's by Montgomery Ward as an advertising promotion.

Christmas became a national holiday in the United States on June 26, 1870.

Just some fun facts. We have a lot of great toys and gift items in C & P Treasures. Begin your Christmas shopping with us. We will be adding Halloween and Christmas items in the coming weeks, so check our store often. Here are a few terrific things you might like!





Disney Princess Lamp

Hide N Seek Safari Jungle Tiger

Erector Dump Truck

Lego Dino Attack

No comments: